- Co-ed 6’s (Offered Sunday-Friday) – Teams consist of at least 6 players, 3 men and 3 women. You may have as many players on your team as you would like. (There is one skill level; co-rec fun). Each team will “call” the games. Good sportsmanship is expected. Court A will be designated for advanced co-rec fun (during Summer I and Summer II sessions). The same rules apply.
- 35 & Over League (Offered on Mondays Only) – Teams will consist of at least 6 players (same as co-rec league). All players must be over the age of 35. This will be based on a trust system and proof of age will not have to be shown to enter league.
- Co-ed 4’s (Offered on Mondays Only) – Teams will consist of 4 players. At least 1 female must be playing at all times. Co-ed 4’s teams will “call” the games and good sportsmanship is expected. These leagues are for more advanced players.
- Competitive Refereed 4’s Men’s/Women’s/COED (Offered on Mondays ONLY) Teams will consist of 4 players (4 men /4 women/2 men & 2 women). Competitive 4’s games will be refereed by one of our house refs. Good sportsmanship is expected. This league is for advanced players.
- Co-ed 2’s (Offered on Tuesdays Only) – We will offer men’s, women’s and co-ed 2’s teams. Each team will only consist of 2 players. All other rules will still apply. This league is for advanced players only.
- Beginner’s League Co-Rec FUN 6’s (Offered Monday & Tuesday in Summer Only)- Teams consist of at least 6 players, 3 men and 3 women. You may have as many players on your team as you would like. Each team will “call” the games. Good sportsmanship is expected. This league is for those who have never played or are still learning the game of volleyball and whose skills are still developing to play in our co-rec fun league.
- Tournament Friday Nights Co-Rec FUN 6’s(Offered Fridays in SUMMER ONLY)- This NEW form of LEAGUE PLAY offers Tournaments every week in a Co-ed 6’s format! Every tournament starts off with Poll Play, which seeds teams and is followed by a SINGLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT. Get the extra games in without the extra cost! Tournament Friday Nights is the same price as the normal co-ed 6’s leagues on Fridays. Teams consist of at least 6 players, 3 men and 3 women. You may have as many players on your team as you would like. (There is one skill level; co-rec fun). Each team will “call” the games. Good sportsmanship is expected.
You must be 18 to play in the sand volleyball leagues. The game schedules are subject to change if a court does not sell out. This applies to ALL leagues.
GAMES: This year will be RALLY SCORING so that every serve is a point. Teams must win by 2 points with a 23-point cap. Teams will play ALL 3 Games or Max 1 hour. Team with high score at 1-hour mark, wins. It is each team’s responsibility to report their game results EVERY week. Each week, the winning team should report their wins at the bar. There is a notebook at the bar with the court schedule for “high-lighting” the win! The results of each game are updated weekly here on the website!
HOLIDAY GAMES: Flannagan’s volleyball will be cancelled on the holidays listed below.
- New Year – Monday, January 1st – Friday, January 5th
- St. Patrick’s Day – Wednesday, March 14th – Tuesday, March 20th
- Week of July 4th – Sunday, July 1st – Sunday, July 8th
- Thanksgiving – Thursday, November 22nd – Saturday, November 24th
- Christmas – Sunday, December 23rd – Tuesday, December 25th
SAND SOCKS: Sand socks are designed to keep your feet warm in the sand. $19.99 a pair, plus tax.
PLAYER’S MEETING (FORMERLY CAPTAIN’S MEETING):
There will be a meeting for ALL PLAYERS at the beginning of each session. Please plan to attend the meeting even if you and your team has played volleyball at Flannagan’s in prior seasons. The meetings are held each evening during the first week of play (Pre-Season Tournament Week).
Please attend one meeting the first night your team is playing: Sunday meetings are 3:45 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. for Spring and Fall; 3:45 p.m., 5:45 p.m. and 7:45 p.m. for Summer I and Summer II.
Monday through Thursday meetings are 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. for all sessions.
If you have any additional questions regarding leagues, please contact Serena by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.